Re: [orca-list] Read Attributes Seems to be Broken!

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 05:40:25AM -0400, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
I just tried it. I'm not having any problems. At the risk of asking "is
it plugged in?" you do have enabled/checked spoken attributes on the
Text Attributes page of the Preferences dialog, right? (Sorry, but I
cannot think of what else it might be at the moment.)

Yeah, I just checked and like what happened to Paul Hunt, my attribute
settings got all turned off too.  I'm wondering if something happened
with the migration of orca preferences to the new directory.

But now this brings up some new questions; After my previous message
here, I discovered that Mozilla pages like yelp or Firefox, the
attributes spoke as I have known them too.  But after my updating the
settings outside of the Mozilla pages, I had to restart that view like
get out of gedit and re-open it to see the effects.  My question here
is now the colors speak numbers like 65535 3 times instead of the
traditional R G B values of 255 255 255.  There's an obvious
difference now.  Is there any documentation on what some of these
options are? I frankly don't know some of them.  The defaults in the
past always seemed to be good enough for me; I just turned on colors
recently but since the last time I used this function ouside of
Firefox, these settings some how got cleared.  Short of whiping out my
.orca settings, is there a way to get "factory defaults" for the
speaking of attributes back?