[orca-list] A strange problem noticed while using Python debugger on Orca code.

I noticed a strange problem while using Python debugger on the Gecko script (orca/src/orca/scripts/toolkits/Gecko/script.py). Steps followed by me were -
  1. Added the statement 'import pdb' at the beginning of the script and the statement 'pdb.set_trace() at the beginning of the function definition sayAll().
  2. Compiled the  code (./autogen.sh, make, sudo make install) and started Orca in a terminal window.
  3. Opened a webpage and pressed '+' to start sayAll() in debug mode.
  4. This gave me the pdb prompt (Pdb) in the terminal window. OK till now.
  5. Hereafter, I am not able to input any alphabet except f,g,j,k,n,w,z. Other alphabets are announced by Orca, but not displayed.
  6. If I enter n, the current line is executed and next line appears. When I press l to (l)ist the code being executed, Orca announces 'l' but executes the previous command, i.e. n.
  7. Even if go to OOo writer or Gmail - compose mail, I am not able to input any alphabet except f,g,j,k,n,w,z.
  8. I could input all keys normally after stopping Orca.
  9. The problem disappeared when I shifted the statement 'pdb.set_trace()' to the function definition textLines().
Can someone explain this please?

Regards.

Dattatray Bhat