Re: [orca-list] Draft Proposed Two-Year Roadmap

Hi,

Two other possibilities come to mind. I don't know whether these have been
investigated and dismissed already, however.

1. Pypy, which, when complete, should out-perform the current Python
interpreter significantly.

which one is pypy?

2. Vala, which is already a gnome project. It's an object-oriented programming
language with built-in memory management that can be compiled into C code.

arg, not another language that solves this problem :(

My concern regarding C and C++ is the risk of segmentation faults due to
pointer and memory management bugs, which seem to creep into C/C++ software
despite everybody's best efforts, especially with multi-threaded systems.

Honestly I don't find this too be a huge issue, leaks can be a problem,
but that only matters in programs that stay in use for long periods of
time.

Trev