Re: [orca-list] n82 and ubuntu

Michael Weaver <weavermicha googlemail com> writes:

I have tried to connect my N82 to my PC running Ubuntu Lucid only I am
not getting any message from Orca that it has been recognised although
the dealer for my mobile phone assures me that my cable for my phone
isn't faulty.

I usually check "dmesg" output manually to see which
device name the USB device ended up getting.  Its usually
something like /dev/sdb or similar, depending on your actual disk setup.

I've successfuly done this with my (N82) several times, so
I can assure you that Linux is in fact working nicely together with the
N82.

Also, once you connect the N82 to your PC via USB, you
get a prompt on the N82 asking you what you want to do.
You will have to manually select "Disk mode" or similar
before it will work.  Do you have a screen reader on your N82?
If not, maybe that is what you are missing?

--
CYa,
  âââââ