Re: [orca-list] Navigating in Firefox

I can't remember the exact URL for this but you can get introduced to
a lot of Orca stuff at
http://live.gnome.org/Orca    That's with a capital O.
From there, there is a link on the wiki page pointing to a discussion
of compatible apps.  Go there and look for Firefox.

In the meantime, I'll give you a brief list of keystrokes that I can
remember off the top of my hat that provide structural navigation in
Firefox, Thunderbird and other HTML based applications.

h - Jump to next header.
1 - Jump to next h1 header.
2 - Jump to next h2 header.
3 - Jump to next h3 header.
4 - Jump to next h4 header.
5 - Jump to next h5 header.
6 - Jump to next h6 header.
e - Jump to next edit input field.
r - Jump to next radio button.
c - Jump to next checkbox.
b - Jump to next button.
t - Jump to next table.

I personally find a lot of value in using the h and number keys to
jump to headers and t to find tables.  I'm sure I missed several
commands but hears another sure way to find all of them and also
reconfigure them if you don't like the current assignments.

Get into the Orca preferences and move to the Key Bindings page; be
sure to do this while in Firefox or  similar program.  Tab over
into the table of functions and key assignments.  It can be navigated
with the arrow keys like a grid.  Arrowing down the column of
functions, you can hear every Orca function and move over one column
to the left to hear what it is currently assigned to.