Re: [orca-list] Converting from text to MP3 files

HI,

As for converting each chapter to a single track, this must either
be done in the text itself or by using something like Audacity to
split the track at chapter or section boundaries once the audio file
is produced. Unfortunately, I'm not currently aware of any easier
way to do this, but I hope my information helps you.

the easiest is probably to break the text up into multiple files before
passing it to espeak.  Unless chapter bounderies are very well defined,
which I wouldn't expect it seems like it would be hard to do much
better, but you could try to write a script that would break files up
for you.

On a side note, I'd love to be able to get SVox Pico to read entire
files or chapters as well, but I seem to have run upon some kind of
limitation where even if I read the file into a variable first, I
get an error that says that the argument list is too long. Perhaps
there's an application that solves this problem without using Bash
and the included pico2wave utility, or something that builds on that
utility to make it work. This little synthesizer actually doesn't
sound bad.

there's a limitt to how many arguments bash will accept to a program,
the easiest way around this is probably to call pico2wave on shorter
chunks and join them together, you can probably acheive this with split
to break up the file and sox to combine the wave files at the end, but
I'm not sure exactly how to do it.

Trev

~Kyle