Re: [orca-list] Converting from text to MP3 files

eSpeak itself has a command to create an audio file from your text. To convert a text file to a wave file you would type a command like

espeak -w file.wave -f textfile.txt

This will convert the entire file to a wave file, which you can then convert to mp3 or whatever you like using your favorite sound conversion program.

As for converting each chapter to a single track, this must either be done in the text itself or by using something like Audacity to split the track at chapter or section boundaries once the audio file is produced. Unfortunately, I'm not currently aware of any easier way to do this, but I hope my information helps you.

On a side note, I'd love to be able to get SVox Pico to read entire files or chapters as well, but I seem to have run upon some kind of limitation where even if I read the file into a variable first, I get an error that says that the argument list is too long. Perhaps there's an application that solves this problem without using Bash and the included pico2wave utility, or something that builds on that utility to make it work. This little synthesizer actually doesn't sound bad.
~Kyle