Re: [orca-list] Still issues with Speechdispatcher on Arch

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> writes:

Sorry for the trouble you're running into here.  I need to write up a
post doc list of steps that one would have to do to get this all
working.  Thanks for being the ginnipig for me <smile>.

Apparently, Christian got farther than I did in that process.  When I
ran your /etc/rc.d/speechd script for the first time, the user and group were
created, but the daemon failed to start.  I've been busy lately, so I
haven't tried to find the problem.

I'll probably email you more about this off-list.

-- Chris