Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu 10, and partition problems

This is why dual boot systems with windows being one of the operating systems is a bad idea. Windows will not keep its grubby mitts off of any of your computer resources. It may not necessarily take adverse action immediately, but sooner or later you get to be a Microsoft meal. That's why interchangeable drive sleds are a good idea with only one operating system in the computer at one time are a good idea, thank you very much.On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Darko Poga?i? wrote:

Hi there.

I have two partitions on my hard disk.

C: partition is partition where i have Windows7 installed on my computer,
and d: partition is partition where I have Ubuntu 10 installed with Windows
Ubuntu Installer wubi.

Before the Ubuntu installation, I had a data on my D: partition, about
10.000 music songs, many books, and source codes for my applications.

After I installed the Ubuntu, I accessed the d: partition normally from my
Windows, and my Ubuntu operating systems, and in Ubuntu this partition was
avaylable as the "Host" directory, in the filesystem directory.

How I decided to install the necessary packages in Ubuntu, instead the
MBROLA speech synthesizer I installed mbr.

Since today, boath partitions was avaylable from Windows, and from Ubuntu,
but today, from my Windows operating system I cannot access the D: partition
labeled "Work", and now is labeled "Local Disk".

When I try to access the D: partition, Windows Explorer says that the
partition D: is not formatted, and I can format the partition if I want, but
I may not format the partition, because I can lose the data from this
partition, which I cannot back later.

I never make any changes to my partitions in Ubuntu, and I really don't know
what's happend.

From Ubuntu, I can access the content from my D: partition, shown as Host
directory, but from Windows I cannot.

Ubuntu is set as the second OS on my computer, and the first is Windows7.

Can anyone help me, how to fix this problem?