[orca-list] ignoring text-changed events in Firefox

Hi all,

Is there a way to have Orca not speak text-changed events coming from Firefox (or at least not speak them when the object being changed does not have focus)? I haven't noticed one, but I thought that I'd ask in case I'm missing something. The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to make calls through moveon.org (as much as I hate making any kind of political calls to people I don't know, but I digress), and the web site has a counter of the number of calls that have been made through the site that it constantly updates, so I would prefer not to have Orca constantly chattering at me every few seconds to read the new count.

Thanks,
-Mike G-