Re: [orca-list] Note to Arch Linux Users

The only reason this might be relevant here is given the current
situation, there is really no way a client namely, Orca or speechd_up,
etc. to know how to reach the speech-dispatcher server.  Right now the
environment variable is used but I've been thinking maybe a more
central mechanism like dbus or gconf or g-settings could be used.
Although non gnome applications would have no use nor access to
g-settings or gconf.  So the environment is probably the best way.
Otherwise, the client application like Orca would have to autospawn a
copy of speech dispatcher and that autospawned instance could be
something special to merely get the access path to the real speech
dispatcher server and then maybe go away or something.  But like I
said before, were it not for the problems we're now having with gdm
talking, this would have never come up as an issue.  It would have
just worked and we'd go on our way.