Re: [orca-list] Getting Environments to Orca

Have you tried using the .profile or .bashrc files in the GDM home directory (normally /var/lib/gdm/)? I can't precisely remember which of these files is sourced when but I would have thought one of these would be the correct place to set environment variables.

I am a little surprised you can't configure this setting in speech-dispatcher's configuration files.

Michael Whapples