Re: [orca-list] using an update manager with Orca

Why not go into terminal mode and try an apt-cache search "search string" | less <enter> and see what happens?On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Ednun Pourtahmasbi wrote:

Hi.

I've been trying to use synaptic with Orca to hunt around for applications
as I don't really know what I'm looking for, what to install, what not to
install etc. I understand you should be able to use synaptic with Orca but I
confess I'm not having much luck with it.

I've tried the flat review cursor, I've tabbed about the interface but it
doesn't make much sense.

Is there another tool I should be using? And what sorts of things should I
be searching for or looking out for in the description to ensure Orca might
work with the application?

Thanks.