Re: [orca-list] Orca Find

Hi,

On 11/30/2010 05:40 AM, Michael Whapples wrote:
Now for those who do actually use the find feature, is the current one using flat review of valuable? Would it be worth having the two different types of find in orca?

Yes, it is valuable. The Orca find allows the user to find elements of the screen that are not found using a built-in find feature.

For example, I have a friend who worked at a call center for a while. He used proprietary software that had many fields for data entry and display. The only way he could do his job well was to rely on the find feature of his Windows screen reader. He could search for the field name he needed and then either read the value for that field or move into the edit box/text area to add the required information. Similar situations could easily develop with software in Linux.

My two cents... keep the Orca find utility.

dave