Re: [orca-list] Orca and the problem when opening messages in a new window in thunderbird

Thanks for the reply. I have given it some thought. While I cannot make any meaning from an active window giving another window:activated event, I feel the fix I have proposed is not the correct way to solve it.

My reasoning for this is that I think other mozilla products are giving unwanted window:activated events, some which may not even be possible to recognise as false information. As an example, I notice when using firefox (using new windows instead of tabs), if I have firefox open on a page, then go to gnome-terminal and launch firefox with another page that firefox sends a window:activated event but gnome terminal really seems to still have focus (alt+f4 will close gnome-terminal).

I will report these issues to mozilla tomorrow. Any thoughts whether these may be related issues?

Michael Whapples