Re: [orca-list] Can we ix the link speech pauses already?

Trevor Saunders <trev saunders gmail com> writes:

well, it looks like what ever the problem is its in orca somewhere.  I
made a test page with 50 links in a row and had orca read it.  Heres
some of the output of top while that was going on.

I concur.  I forced Speech Dispatcher and Orca to use TCP sockets.
I used tcpdump and tcpflow to spy on them, while I was visiting my own
webpage.  Here's a dump of the SSIP messages that Orca sent to Speech
Dispatcher.  None of these are surprising.  They're just "speak"
messages, as used when speaking any other bit of text.  However, I could
hear the lag around each of the links.

-- Chris

(Dump is attached.)