[orca-list] Orca and call centers

Hi everyone,

We have had the opportunity to demonstrate Orca, as part of our F123.org Project, in 5 countries and still have two more to go. One of the most frequent questions we get is if Orca will work in call centers.

I understand that there are call centers that use windows-based software and also others that use Linux-based software. My question is: is there anyone on the list that has tried or has succeeded in using Orca with call center software? if so, please let me know version or any other technical information you may have about the hardware and software used in the call center.

Also, if there are call center experts on the list, or someone that could connect me with such expertise, this would be most welcome. There are a number of government and private sector entities interested in call center accessibility to fascilitate employment for the blind in developing countries and we might be able to help them if we can get a group of experts with the right know-how together.

Feel free to write directly to my personal e-mail:
fernando f123 org

Thanks,

Fernando