Re: [orca-list] The value for orca to have time information in the debug files

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> wrote:
I also like the idea of time stamps in the debug log.

Agreed, as long as they aren't enabled by default or can be switched off by a
suitable debug level variable.

Also, I asked a while back on the list about adding a feature where we
could insert user messages on the fly to the debug log.  But I never
got a single answer if anyone would want.

I think this could be useful, as would recommended debug options to reduce the
verbosity of the debug output while retaining the desired information.
Usually, what I want to know are (1) the events processed, and (2) the braille
and speech output which resulted, at least to give an overview of what's going
on. I know all the other details are vital for those who are tracking down
problems, however.