Re: [orca-list] new info on firefox keyboard shortcuts problem

For whatever reason, gnus is having a problem with allowing me to
follow-up to your message.  I apologize for the lack of thread
integrity.

Steve Holmes <steve holmes88 gmail com> writes:

If it were me, I would remove that customizations file completely and
go into Orca and use Orca+Space to go into Orca's global preferences
and make sure the modifier key combo box is indeed set to the one you
want.

This was the way I initially had things.  With things this way I was
having the revert problem.  I thought possibly using the customizations
files would solve this.  If, upon restart or reloading customizations,
the user file is read last it _should_ work.

I assume you are wanting the keypad insert key perhaps.

Actually, no.  I want the insert key as I have no keypad.  I did select
the laptop layout because I am using a laptop.  I chose insert over caps
lock because caps lock is set to hyper for emacspeak.  I have the win
logo key as well as the insert key set as insert via .Xmodmap.

I still wonder whether I need to import anything at the top of the
customizations files.

Then apply the changes and see if that sticks.  I personally have
never experienced the orca modifier key reverting back to any other
value.  But then again, I have always been using a desktop layout.
Did you specify a laptop layout or desktop layout when initially
setting up Orca? I wonder if that had some baring on it.

As do I.  I do realize I am probably using orca in a way it might not
have been used before.  Most users are probably using orca, only orca,
and using the default modifier keys.

Thanks again,
rdc

--
Robert D. Crawford                                     robdcraw gmail com

Journalism will kill you, but it will keep you alive while you're at it.