Re: [orca-list] Blind debugging in Ubuntu

Or you could have a hack of a function like this in your .bashrc:

winbus()
{
        PID=`pidof gnome-session`
        export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=`sed 's/\x0/\n/g' /proc/$PID/environ |grep DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
|cut -b 26-`
}

As far as Accerciser goes, it seems slow to me, at least with Orca, but I'm not sure if I should blame Accerciser for this, or orca, or gail, or some combination thereof. The interaction of at-spi/atk/gail with treeviews can be very inefficient (counting the children or looking for one child will iterate from the beginning of the tree view), and it is particularly an issue with at-spi2. It would be great to come up with a better way of handling it (perhaps gail could cache its data, but I haven't taken the time to investigate whether this would actually be feasible). Anyway, we (the Mono accessibility team) have a couple of scripts to monitor at-spi events or print the hierarchy (they're in the uia2atk svn repository); I generally use them and/or write small scripts to test what I need. Seems quicker that way to me, although I might just not have spent enough time working with Accerciser to get used to it.