Re: [orca-list] Task for budding Orca script writer: Update/refresh the ubiquity installer orca script.

Heh.

BTW Luke, my guess is that the script you attached hasn't worked in
years. One of the things about the refactor is that I created a
utilities class for scripts. Here's the history:

* A long, long, long time ago back when I was first an Orca contributor
(So 2006 maybe?), we had a util.py. Scripts needed to override the
methods therein, so rather than create a utilities class for scripts
which would permit that, other members of the team decided that all the
methods would go into default.py.

* More and more and more utilities kept getting added and scripts kept
getting more and more and more bloated.

So the new world order is really the way-old world order with some
improvements and tweaks based on what we learned.

This line from your script:

    util.getDisplayedText(obj.child(n)):

Didn't get outdated/broken as the result of the recent refactor; it got
outdated/broken by the one three or four years ago.

FWIW.

--joanie