Re: [orca-list] pidgin and empathy voice chat problems with orca.

Hi
Well, Pidgin does not have audio or video chat. So yes, Empathy should
be a priority. There's also the matter of it being GNOME's official
chat/voip client, which should be reason enough to keep it at a high
priority.
You accept the audio chat, at least if you're using Ubuntu, up in the
indicator applet under the chat menu. I've not had any of the issues
with audio chat you are, but are you using Pulseaudio? I am using it.
Some audio cards don't support multiple in/out streams properly with
just ALSA, and if speech dispatcher has taken control of the audio
device you won't be able to use it without Pulse if it is one of these
cards.