[orca-list] Question about notification icon events and their accessible objects

I'm trying to figure out why icons in the notification area of the
gnome-panel read "icon", and don't say the title of the icon, even if
the programmer has gone to the trouble of assigning the icon a title
for screen readers.  In Accerciser, I can see events like:

object:state-changed:focused(1, 0, None)
        source: [icon | ]
        application: [application | gnome-volume-control-applet]

I assume this causes Orca to say "icon".  In Accerciser, if I click on
"gnome-volume-control-applet" in the even above, the left pane set's
it's focus to the gnome-volume-control-applet application.  However,
there are no child accessible objects of this application, and no
icon.  When I click on the link in source: [icon | ], it doesn't do
anything.  I assume this is because no accessible object was ever
created for that icon.  Is this correct?  Does Orca act on messages
from objects that have no accessible object?

I would prefer that in this case, Orca would read the icon title, or
if that's not set, the tooltip for the applet.  Is the bug that no
accessible object was ever created for the icon?

Thanks,
Bill