[orca-list] just discovered that first character is not spoken when typing in a spreadsheet cell

    Hello all.
I never discovered this because I always turn off the echo by character feature. I type so fast that it is not at all usefull for me, infact counter productive. But today I was setting up Orca for a computer lab for blind where they are going to create spoken tutorials for it. this is a government funded project and the aim is to create audio tutorials for Orca. They will be small enough (10 or 15 minits each) and will focus on one topic at a time.
any ways back to the issue at hand.
When I checked the checkbox for echo by character and started typing in the open office spreadsheet, I discover that the first character is not spoken. for example when I type "name" in the a1 cell, orca responds as, "leaving table, a,m, e ".

meaning, it skips the N and says "leaving table ".

Has some one else faced the same problem?

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.