Re: [orca-list] date and time keybindings

Hi

I was not suggesting for a moment to clone JAWS or anything else. In fact NVDA that I referred to is not a clone of JAWS far from it - it is well designed screen reader with pragmatic approach to best practice and familiarity with other screen readers. I am not comparing screen readers here for performance just the approach to key bindings.

I have been on this list for a couple of years, learned a lot and enjoyed following the tremendous progress of Orca and the accessibility of gnome. Like other lists some people coming, some people going but I would say that the community size on this list and other relevant ones is probably of the same order. The community needs to grow not so much to compete with other OS but to have a critical mass so that software vendors care about accessibility in Linux more. Examples, Firefox is broken for the past six months and Adobe readers are not accessible both are well sorted under Windows with the iAccessible2 new interface.

Regards
Isaac