[orca-list] Starting at-spi at the right time

Hello,
I thought it may be best to start a new thread about this. My question is, what's the best way to ensure at-spi is started before other things which rely on it for correct accessibility? This seems to be a particular issue in the lightweight desktop environments where the panels may have been loaded before at-spi starts, but it can affect gnome as I have seen cases where orca may start before at-spi is properly loaded. I have heard a possible work round but it sounds far from ideal (modifying the startx script, what happens if you use a desktop manager to log in?), any better ideas?

Michael Whapples