Re: [orca-list] What's the Command I need?

ok, fine!  Looks like I'm on the wrong list.

If someone can tell me how to subscribe to blinux, oh wait, I forgot, why should you all, google is my friend. Fine, I'll google the stupid thing! Sorry for being such a neucence on here.

Once I get on the other list, I'll get off here and let you all out of your misery, and get back to your so called: discussion of Orca and accessibility. but, may I remind you all something first.

Accessibility, doesn't! have to mean, use with orca or adaptive technology being implemented.

the root word of accessible is access, hence, something can be accessed, thus making it... ow'w'w'w. accessible. Yeah, right huh.

So as the poster writes in his below msg, this list is more about accessibility with Orca and that they look forward to how I can make things more accessible and my feedback. My feedback is: I can't contribute to make something work better, if you all can't assist me in doing so. We're a community, not a go read the doc, do it yourself kind a whatever you wanna call it.

Very bruitally speaking, I know that a lot of you haven't written because symply you're not familiar with certain things I've asked, OK. That, is fair. I understand that, and respect it. I furthermore respect that most of you have a life, but, and btw, no hard feelings meant when I say this, but the few that have answered me say just google it, it's not hard, just man page it, it's not hard, just look at the wiki. What the Godblessid hell is this list for, in all do respect, if all we do is tell people go read the docs. A lot of people have written and said I've not told you all what distro I'm using. I've told you all many many times, so don't give me that! For probably now, the fifth or sixth time:

I, am, using, Vinux!
I, am, using, Vinux,
I, am using, vinux! Do you all read! Bean me up! Scotty? I, am, using? Vinux!

I'm sorry to be so downright firmly probably most likely, rude, in this mail, but people come on! how was I! supposed to know this list didn't apparently really help people who're nubies? It's obvious that my way of learning bothers a ton of you, and it's also obvious I'm not getting any help here hardly. Granted, I'm getting a small amount, so I can't just up and out say I've gotten none, in some of you all's defense, but if this list is to talk about accessibility, well, I can't access my e-mail in alpine, hense, alpine isn't accessible. Orca wize it is, but just cause Orca works with something doesn't mean! it's accessible by the marium Webster definition.----- I'm sorry, if I'm being a bother to you guies. and just for a few of you all's info:

I am not! trying to make you all write out quote unquote from a user:

quote: 35 steps, to get something working. end quote.

All that I am asking for is to get my e-mail working in a terminal. I'd prefer! Alpine, but I'm willing to use something else if suggested. I spoke to one gentlemen who has a majorly good rep on this list, apparently, last night, and explained to him over the phone in great detail what the deal was. I even mentioned about in Thunderbird me not being able to find the server type combo box. I can see it with my flat review, but not with my tab and shift tab keys, and clicking it does no good. I even took his suggestion of typing first the pop3 server name, then shift tabbing to find the combo box, and hit space on it, but even that! did no good. The box is there, but it's not accessible on my end. Well, rather than believing me, this chap, insisted! yes it is there, I've set up billions of accounts in Thunderbird, it's there. Look for it. I had to bite my tungue to keep from frickin screaming! I'm not! denying it should be there, but in my case it's not! I then suggested maybe something went kuh plewy and I just need to apt-get remove thunderbird, then re apt-get install thunderbird, and start from scratch. He then got very agitated sounding, and said n'n'no! You don't need to do that! Linux doesn't work that way!

OK, fine, then! How does it work! It's obvious something's broken, which everyone else seem to be able to get at, so, either I'm totally stupid! or the box, at least on my! system, key word? is! broken. None of you all seem to recommend evolution. I don't mind it at all except I can't seem to backspace and delete character by character. I have to actually arrow around and then use my actual delete key whilst on the character in question. This is fine, but is incredibly annoying.

I filed a bug, and it was immediately removed by an admin.

If you all want me to report when things don't work, then don't tell me to stop doing so when I do? How was I! to know at first it wasn't broken. Seem to me, most Linux people expect you to just know! things. Well, I'm sorry bubba to tell you this, but in you all's words: Linux doesn't work that way!

If I'm such a bother, then yall tell me how to get on vinux, and I'll get off here and quit bothering you all, and see if they'll help me any more. Again, though this may not seem like an appropriate mail to the list, realize what I have been through the past few days.

I've killed my system about 10 times literally now, and counting, being I broke my wubi again last night, after trying something a person said. I'm not asking the world of you all, nor'm I asking you all to do it for me, but sometimes even well written docs are not gonna be understood by all people, face it.

If I was to grab a man page for fetchmail, for example, and show you all all the parts of the man page I don't get, you'd probably be doubling over at how much I don't get of it.

I may just do that, to prove my point.

Anyway, maybe what I need isn't help in Linux as much as a crash corse on reading docs.

I'm not stupid, but it's obvious key word: not all, but some a you think I am.

ok, I'm done ranting and raving.  Enough said, I rest my case.

If I'm a botyher, get me the blinux list info, I'll join, and that'll be the end of me here.

You all won't hear from me again for a long time, unless you're on the other list too, at which point, you'll just have to get over it.

Chris.

Original Message ----- To: "Chris Gilland" <cgilland1 carolina rr com>