Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

El 07/06/2010, a las 13:31, Michael Whapples escribió:

Hello,
I still don't quite follow why do the gconf step as its going to be deprecated. Putting the
gnome/freedesktop screen reader argument to one side (I know this may disappoint some), why do all the work
to port to gconf only to have to change it very soon after. As Bill suggested, why not just create the
python bindings for gsettings as they currently are lacking and just go straight there?

I am sure that the work in python bindings for gsettings would be appreciated far beyond orca, where as the
extra effort for moving to gconf first would only be temporary and specific to orca.

Michael Whapples

Hi Michael,

        By the moment we prefer to wait to pygi gsettings support (as I noted here [1]) meanwile if somebody
create such thing (a python binding for gsettings) We'll use it without doubt.

[1]: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2010-June/msg00069.html

Cheers,
--
Alejandro Leiva