Re: [orca-list] Orca & GSettings

Hey Trev.

I hope you don't mind me taking your message and placing it on the list.

THe one question I have here is orca a screen reader for gnome, or is
it a screen reader that uses at-spi, and works best with the gnome
desktop?  If it is the first, then I gues we should go along with
gnome and use gsettings.  .On the other hand, I'd prefer to think of
orca as the latter, and as such if gsettings is the best tool for the
job then use it, but if we think we we have something better, or would
prefer to be less gnome based, lets not use gsettings.

My understanding based on what Alejandro (CC'ed) has explained is that
the solution will actually be more abstract and make it possible for
Orca to play nicely in a gsettings world, and in whatever world we have
to play in when the GNOME community decides they've grown bored with
gsettings, and other worlds beyond that.

But I'll let Alejandro elaborate on all of this.

Thanks! Take care.
--joanie