[orca-list] Problem accessing read-only documents in OpenOffice writer

Hi,

I've got a secured document created in Microsoft Word. When I open the file using OO Writer, it is opened in read-only mode. I am unable to access any of the content in the file. Additionally, I'm not given the option to enter a password to make the document editable (I don't have the password for this document, but in other cases I might).

My versions of software are old, as follows:

gnome: 2.24.1
Orca: 2.29.1pre
OpenOffice Writer: 2.4

My questions: Has anyone worked with secured documents in OO Writer? Do more recent versions of OO Writer allow you to enter a password to work with a secured document?

As an aside, I'm planning on upgrading to Ubuntu Lucid within the next month.

Thanks,

dave