To: "Sean Murphy" <smur7241 bigpond net au>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 7:08 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Linux version to install

Hello Sean,

Look at

http://vinux.org.uk/downloads.html

Vinux is based on Ubuntu Lucid, and comes withh speakup and orca
configured and ready to go, using espeak as synthesiser.
There is a 64-bit version.

If you install voxin, which many think is one of the best TTS
synthesisers, by going to

http://voxin.oralux.net/get.php

you can then easily install emacspeak by downloading

http://soft.oralux.net/emacspeak/Lucid/emacspeak_voxin_install.32_0.tgz

Voxin is not free, but very low cost.

Rob