[orca-list] Linux version to install

Hello Sean,

Look at

http://vinux.org.uk/downloads.html

Vinux is based on Ubuntu Lucid, and comes withh speakup and orca
configured and ready to go, using espeak as synthesiser.
There is a 64-bit version.

If you install voxin, which many think is one of the best TTS
synthesisers, by going to

http://voxin.oralux.net/get.php

you can then easily install emacspeak by downloading

http://soft.oralux.net/emacspeak/Lucid/emacspeak_voxin_install.32_0.tgz

Voxin is not free, but very low cost.

Rob

Sean Murphy writes:
All.

I am seeking a Linux version that is 64 bit capable to run on my duel core Intel machine with 6 GB of RAM.

I want to be able to use Speakup and Orca. Emacspeak is a bonous. The reason why I want to use Speakup is
so I can access the machine via the keyboard, rather than SSH. used to use Ubunto and Debian.

Is there any Blind specific distro out there and if so, how good is it?

Sean