[orca-list] Really Bizarre issue with Voxin

Here is one thing I wonder, and maybe you all can explain this, about Vinux vs. Wubi/Ubuntu 10.04.

I can install in Vinux, my copy of Voxin, and it works perfectly. But! If I install in Ubuntu 10.04, or in Wubi, it installs fine! but then Orca won't see it nor let me switch to it. O yeah, I did edit both the speechd.conf files. I'm not doing anything wrong, at least that I know of.

Also, I know that the Vinux DVD won't let me run Voxin after it's installed either, where as the 3.0 CD-R that was like 690 or so MB for the ISO that used to be up there works fine. I just wonder if something has changed between Vinux and UBuntu, or maybe some extra libraries were put in Vinux that're not in Lucid directly. I know Voxin is an older synth and some people've told me you're lucky if you even can get it to work at all, but, I really don't get why the Vinux DVD vs. the Vinux CD-R ISO would be different when they're both! based on Lucid, and why UBuntu Lucid, as well as the wubi install both won't let me install it. Heck! I can't even get Festival to work. It sees it after uncommenting it, but there is no speech output, and yes Festival was installed. I did check.

I can't even get the SVox voices to work after modifying the conf file and adding the generic module. So, I'm kind a confused. Is it just I dono what I'm doing? or is it it more there are some library differences. What in full UBuntu or full Wubi do I need to get that like the old Vinux 3.0 CD-R, would make Voxin work?

Chris.