Re: [orca-list] [VINUX] Call to Arms

From: Trevor Saunders <trev saunders gmail com>

Here's an idea for regression testing.
Can we setup a server somewhere to automatically run the test sweet
every so often, and post the results somewhere or mail them to people
who will look at the results and take the needed action?  This
shouldn't be too hard to setup if we can get a machine to use, I'm
willing to help with this.  The benefits as I see it are that a person
doesn't have to spend the time the tests take waiting, and people who
aren't comfortable setting up the test sweet can help with reading
over the results.

Instead of setup a new server, one option would first check if we
could execute this regression tests on the current gnome integration
system, the GNOME buildot [1].

After all, it is already compiling orca every ofter [2], so we could
check if we can add this regression tests in the check step, and show
a summary, as gtk+ [3] or cairo [4] does.

The main problem could be that this servers doesn't run a X server. In
order to run some of the tests in some modules (cairo and gtk) they
use xvfb (Virtual Framebuffer 'fake' X server). Not sure if at-spi
would work fine with it. It would be also required to check if we
could run at-spi there.

But this is a possibility that probably we should investigate.

Opinions? Ideas?

[1] http://build.gnome.org/
[2] http://build.gnome.org/orca
[3] http://build.gnome.org/builders/gtk%2B-RHEL5/builds/410/steps/gtk%2B%20check/logs/summary