Re: [orca-list] Orca: Support for Multilingual text

Hi,

As for auto detection I'd be willing to consider choosing based on
char set, but I don't much like huristics beyond that.

I believe that's what voiceman does, and users seem to really like it,
so I'd say this would be a worthwhile enhancement.

Why don't we
just let the user tell us what language they'd like us to change to?

I think that voiceman lets you manually switch between Russian and
similar languages, and that determines how the Russian characters are
read.  When English shows up, it's automatically read in English.
While this seems like a hack, it sounds like it serves the purposes of
many users quite well.

This is fine, if there is precisely one language that uses the chars
you just got, but it doesn't solve the problem when there are many
languages not including the current one that use the characters you
just got.  Your code, just knows that it should change to a different
language but not which language, you could allow this to be configured
I gues, but it sounds like this is going to take a lot of time and get
complicated.  I'm thinking of having to support setting a default for
each char set.

Trev

Bill