Re: [orca-list] Orca: Support for Multilingual text

I believe a viable solution would be a kind of rotor key to switch between 2
or 3 user defined languages/speech engines.
Automatic language detection doesn't work well in any known environment.
Good solution would be to have a kind of solution working in dictionaries
where "searched frase/word enter window" could use a question language and
"definition window" could use the language in which definition is written.
Such solution however could never be universal but rather dictionary
specific.
It would be nice to have an ability to associate language with certain
window/application - for the session duration. Let's say you write a column
and you need to read some sources in English some other in Russian and edit
your text in polish. In such case it simply would be more comfortable to
associate your sources and edited document with appropriate
languages/synthesizers thus to change languages automatically while
switching between windows.
Other question is so-called translation memory management applications. In
windows you can find such things like wordfast or more "complexed" like
Trados. I have no idea wheather such things are available for Linux and if
they are available, wheather they are accessible.
Damian SP9QLO

skype:damianprzybyla?add