Re: [orca-list] Orca: Support for Multilingual text

Hi,
This was diskused many times in the past.

Implementing this in orca in general is not easy I think because it
needs the info which language to use for the synth.
In special cases this might be possible like in html/pdf/odf's.
But no general working solution possible here.
My suggestion to solve this problem is a keyboard cmd for cycling
through available langs.
This way the user can switch the synth's language if he or she needs or
wants it.

In windows the automatic language selection is the first thing I am
turning off after installation.
It's hard to tell everyone to add the right meta information to it's
websites etc.
It's really anoying if a german site starts reading german text with
english synthesizer.
Just my two cents.
halim