Re: [orca-list] buttons on a website

Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> wrote:

As far as I know none of the free software solutions for flash on
web pages there isn't an accessible solution but may be if the right
people take it up then something may happen. I think they are swfdec
and gnash.

Correct. It should also be noted that HTML 5 video has the potential to reduce
the use of Flash on the Web very substantially. For example, I am told that
youtube.com is the largest video site on the Web; now that it's moving to the
WebM format (http://www.webmproject.org/) and other video providers may well
do likewise, the most popular reason for using Flash in the first place goes
away.

At that point it becomes a question of the accessibility of HTML 5 video; I'm
not aware of any testing having been done with Orca, or any development
efforts, although there are people working on the accessibility of the
multimedia features in HTML 5.