[orca-list] Orca hangs after idle

Hi everyone,

This may not be the best subject for this issue.  I'll try to describe
what is happening and my environment in the hopes that someone else has
seen this happening.  I'm happy to open a bug but at this point the
details are a bit sketchy.

I am getting frequent orca hangs if I leave my machine idle for some
time.

When this happens it appears that almost all keyboard events are no longer
processed.

The only fix I have found is to switch to a text console and do "killall
-9 python".  Once this is done everything goes back to normal.

My environment is the latest Ubuntu Maverick.

I use alsa with opentts as my sound output method.
I tipically am running emacspeak and virtualbox along side orca.
--
If I am unfortunate enough to have this happen after the screen is
locked I can't get out of the situation other than rebooting the

Has anyone else seen something like this behaviour?

Is there something I could do from a text console to try and debug the
issue before I kill orca?

Regards

Bart