Re: [orca-list] no longer able to install orca

Unfortunately, re emerging pygtk had no effect.

Zachary Kline <kline zachary gmail com> wrote:

Hi John,
I take it you're running a "mixed" system with both keyworded and
stable packages?  For what it's worth, I think Gnome 2.28 in Gentoo is
still in the testing stage.  I personally haven't been brave enough to
go beyond 2.26 myself.
I'm afraid I don't know enough about Atspi to know if that's your
problem. I suspect not, though.  I'mmI'm not sure why that particular
python script should hang: it seems to be rather foolproof.
Have you tried reemerging pygtk?
I really don't know what else I could possibly suggest, other than to
be careful with upgrades in general.  Never had this before.
Best,
Zack.

--
You can make the world a better place.  Don't bother passing the word,
just go out and do it.