[orca-list] no longer able to install orca

Hi.  I am running a gentoo system, and I did an upgrade of the system
and orca will no longer install its 2.28.3 version, or any other version
and it no longer works at all.  It is hanging when it says
checking for python module pyatspi.

I looked at the configure script and it seems that the following python
script just hangs:

import sys
try:
        import pygtk
        pygtk.require('2.0')
        import pyatspi
except ImportError:
        sys.exit(1)
except:
        sys.exit(0)
sys.exit(0)

If I run this program python just sits there forever.

Re emerging atspi has no effect.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?