Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher and libao

Hi Jacob,
Seems that I found the cause of the problem.

in the directory /usr/lib3,2 there is a file called libao.so.2 that must be a symbolic link to libao.so.2.1.3.
In my machine it was linked wrong to libao.2.so.1.3.orig, I don't know why.
As root try the following:
Make a backup of the file /usr/lib32/lib.so.2.1.3.orig
rm /usr/lib32/libao.so.2.1.3.orig
ldconfig
file /usr/lib32/libao.so.2

The last command is to check if the link is correct.

It is working here.
Thanks.