Re: [orca-list] email suggestions (was: Using Linux everyday)

John G. Heim <jheim math wisc edu> wrote:

Hmm... Intersting idea. I have used both mutt and alpine in a
terminal window because part of my job is to support those
applications. I didn't think it would be efficient to use a
character based program but I never really gave it a serious try.

It's extremely efficient. Try Mutt with settings such as:
set braille_friendly=yes
set fast_reply=yes
set edit_headers=yes
in your ~/.muttrc file, in addition to other settings that customize it to
your liking. Be sure to use the mailboxes option in your configuration to
specify your incoming folders (the ones that your Procmail configuration is
filtering incoming messages into).

I don't know how well Mutt works with Orca; you might do better with, for
example, using Orca in combination with BRLTTY or SpeakUp (depending on
whether you're using a braille display or speech output).