Re: [orca-list] orca and lxde

Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:

I could never read the orca window, menus dialogs etc. So does anyone
know what I'm doing wrong here?

My guess is that at-spi-registryd isn't running. You need to configure lxde to
start it, and you may also have to set some environment variables to ensure
that GTK+ applications use the accessibility API. I can't remember the
details, but I am sure there are others on the list who will be able to help.

There's probably a startup file somewhere in which you can run
at-spi-registryd and enable accessibility support.

I am also planning to try this, but I haven't had time so far, due to other
priorities - and I'm travelling to Wellington in a few days to attend
linux.conf.au 2010.