[orca-list] orca and lxde

Hi,

I'm trying to run orca under lxde to see how lxde compares to gnome,
mainly in regards to speed. I mainly use the console, so it's pretty
silly to have a desktop that hogs a lot of unnecessary memory for very
little use.

So, I installed xdm, lxde and log in. That works fine, a sighted person
has verified that the desktop came up.

I then tried running orca, I was able to go through all the preferences
with someone visually, but when I enable braille as far as I get is:
"Welcome to orca." It then just stops providing any output to me. Initially it spoke a
little, but it just said "Welcome to orca"
(It doesn't appear to be speaking now, but I'll worry about that later.)

I could never read the orca window, menus dialogs etc. So does anyone
know what I'm doing wrong here? Has anyone had any luck with lxde, it's
supposed to be all gtk based, so theoretically I don't know why it can't
work.

Debug output follows.

Using speech server factory: orca.gnomespeechfactory
Speech module has been initialized.
Braille module has been initialized using WINDOWPATH=7
braille display size = (32, 1)
Magnification module has NOT been initialized.
SPEECH OUTPUT: 'Welcome to Orca.'
BRAILLE LINE:  'Welcome to Orca.'
     VISIBLE:  'Welcome to Orca.', cursor=0
NEW SCRIPT: default (module=orca.default)
ACTIVE SCRIPT: default (module=orca.default) (reason=activate)
Script.getKnownApplications...
...Script.getKnownApplications

Thanks very much
Dan