Re: [orca-list] help building at-spi

I made some progress.  In another corrispondence, I was made aware of the concept of pinning.  After some background research on my part, I successfully mannaged to install intltool-0.41.0 (from the karmic repositories).

One thing that bothered me was that apt-get informed me that gnome-common, gettext-doc, and a handful of other packages "... were automatically installed and are no longer needed" and I should run apt-get autoremove to remove them from my system.  After a couple minutes of head-scratching, I ran

apt-get autoremove
apt-get install gnome-common
apt-get build-dep at-spi

and it appeared to bring back the "UNNEEDED" packages (without downgrading my new intltool).  My next step was to try configuring at-spi (gnome-2-22) again.

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib/at-spi

This time, the new intltool was successfully identified and the configure process advanced farther, but I have a new error:

checking for LIBSPI... yes
checking for REGISTRYD... configure: error: Package requirements (
    libbonobo-2.0    >= 1.107.0
    atk        >= 1.17.0
    gtk+-2.0    >= 2.10.0
    dbus-glib-1     >= 0.76
) were not met:

Requested 'dbus-glib-1 >= 0.76' but version of dbus-glib is 0.74

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables REGISTRYD_CFLAGS
and REGISTRYD_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is. Is dbus-glib-1 the only dependency that is broken?  Or do I need to upgrade libbonobo-2.0, atk (which I already built successfully from the git gnome-2-22 sources), and gtk+-2.0 as well?