Re: [orca-list] Is there a way to stop orca using emacspeak speech servers

Michael Whapples napsal(a):
The subject says it all really, is there a way I can tell orca to not
use emacspeak speech servers at all?

Hello Michael,

try removing "espeechfactory" from the list of speech factory modules in
your orca settings.  This can be best done by adding a following line to
~/.orca/orca-customizations.py file:

speechFactoryModules = ["gnomespeechfactory", "speechdispatcherfactory"]

I personally think orca shouldn't get the emacspeak speech servers to do
anything until it is selected in the speech tab.

This is probably caused by Orca trying to figure out, whether Emacspeek
speech servers are available, which is must be done before they are
selected.  Thus the problem is probably inside the "espeechfactory"
module of Orca.

Best regards, Tomas