Re: [orca-list] possibly OT: Oracle takeover

Your direct involvement will be sorely missed for sure! Even if full
time funding isn't available, we collectively can begin working on on
Orca even if in limitted ways.  I think once we're past these big
herdles like DBUS, gnome 3.0, and whatever, maybe us with so little
knowledge can pick up the pase more and contribute more. to the
project.

I wonder if a more fomal organization should be formed to at least
provide a "core" of developers or maintainers.  I'm think something
like Debian or Arch but maybe not quite so formal.  I just hate to see
something happen to a project where if you get pulled away completely
or something that there would be no gate keepers or whatever.
Obviously it can be forked away if got locked out or something but
that sonds pretty drastic to me just yet.

I know I'm one of the guilty parties who express an interst but
haven't really stepped up to the plate like I should have.  Well,
there's still time to turn that around, even if I just drop in some
wiki comments or whatever but I need to really get down and learn
python and get familiar with gnome and the GUI and stuff; lot to learn
there but as I've been seeing it lately, there's just you and
Joanmarie putting up actual code.  I think we need more if this
project is going to grow.  I guess I had better git out the python
books and get started.  I am a computer programmer analyst by
profession so there's no excuse for me not contributing more
agressively.

Thanks again for the warning and most importantly, good luck in
finding new work in this ultra sick economy of ours.