Re: [orca-list] Trouble setting up speech-dispatcher with orca

Hi Bill,

Running a consolescreenreader as user isn't a good idea because you will
loose many comfort features.
Starting several instances of pulse and managing it through consolekit
or what ever will not change this.
Btw I find it is ugly to add this complexity to all console apps only
for beeing  compatible to pulse-audio or ubuntu' goals.

I am now using an other setup for pa which doesn't block my well working
alsa:
I load the modules in my ~/.pulse/default.pa
and tell them to use alsa's dmix.
This is currently the best way for .
me.
This setup allows speechd running as system service and sblspeakup can
operate very well.
Br.
Halim