Re: [orca-list] Building Time and Orca Doc Squad

From: Joanmarie Diggs <joanmarie diggs gmail com>

Hey Steve.

Also, I notice with these changes, it takes a lot longer to build than
before.  I suppose that's one of the prices for the new configuration
system?

It's one of the prices of our having our help in our module. But I think
that's a small price to pay. I mean, it doesn't take *that* long. Try
building things like Firefox, WebKitGtk, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice and
you appreciate what a snappy build Orca is <huge grin>. And the benefit
we get is that we're no longer limited to just "basic" help, which is
what belongs in the GNOME Desktop Accessibility Guide. Instead, we can
start adding the additional content that we think all users need to know

Just a suggestion:

If now the build takes longer, and although compared with those
modules the compilation is small, for developers sake, probably it
would be a good idea to try to add a configuration option similar to
"--disable-gtk-doc", really common on most of the gnome modules that
have their documentation with gtk-doc.

BR

===
API (apinheiro igalia com)